Skip to main content

Chetan Bhagat To Local Train.

Before starting to blog,a very important question that demands an answer is,Who Am I?.To start off,my name is Pankhuri Nigam hailing from Kanpur,Uttar Pradesh.Have done a decent amount of education and still doing it..
Well,I was in Mumbai for the year,2017.The city of dreams,the city of wishes.Honestly Speaking,it taught me a lot..i have heard it never sleeps..witnessed it too..things that signify Mumbai are Local trains and Rains,Believe you me,you get your half of the stories either in trains or rains.
Or sometimes..both.
And very recently While travelling from Kandivali to Dadar i discovered that maybe i could write!,So i got down into Dadar purchased a very classy diary which says "Everyday is an Adventure"
Pretty fancy,right?
Just by looking at this diary,i felt as if Chetan Bhagat had entered into my body.
Yes,imagination ka level!!

So,the very night i sit down to write something it was 10:15pm,half an hour later the page was still blank and the eyes were drooping,the Chetan Bhagat inside me had already slept and the existence was also fading away now.What i actually did that night was sleep like a baby on that damn pocky chair,but tomorow morning i woke up to a story indeed!
Chetan Bhagat was in my dreams,and the story here by follows-
He came near by me and asked me,What was i doing,I just looked at him confused.
And the convo goes somewhat like this-
Mr.Bhagat-Excuse me,I asked you what are you upto?
Me-Writing..!?he
Mr.Bhagat-With invisible pen?
Me-Trying to write..
He gave me a doubtful look and said "Maybe I can help you with some part."
Me-Yeah,sure!
He then asked me about what i really wanted to write and helped me jot down certain points,i thought to myself that now "everyday indeed is going to be an adventure."Before saying Thankyou to him i decided to ask him a question.

And,with all the chirpyness i have in myself i just said to him,"Yeah!maybe i will teach you to Dance too!!."Is that fine?i swear on God my sense was good.But his facial expressions changed,he looked at me with his big eyes,now bigger.And Vanished!.
Now the basic question arises here is,
Will he teach me how to write if i teach him  how to dance?..
I go on with my basic routine and enter the Kandivali to Dadar train as usual for the college.And i remember he said to me to observe things!So i start observing,at Malad there comes a boy of middle age in the ladies compartment,must be 12.And,sat down next to Me.
He asked me if i loved green colour,coz i was wearing one.
Before i could answer,he asked another girl if she loved mangoes because her dress had the pictures of it.By the end of 10 minutes he was the centre of attraction for everyone in the train.He was mentally unstable but had the most high confidence i had ever seen in someone,he knew politics,science,Maths and what not.Suddenly,his eyes met someone who age 4 or 5 maybe,a small kid.He asked him what his name was,"Nihaal"the little boy said,He asked where he lived,the little boy said again"At my Parents home!",His joyful face started to sadden and he said,"I dont have any home."I just live at Stations and Travel in Locals,to meet new people and gain knowledge!"
I was mesmerised by what he just said,I was busy thinking what would i write,how would i write and he just gave me a story..His name was "Roshan",that was all he knew about himself,Dadar arrived he got down on the station and ran to catch up another local.
I did not see him after that,he must be busy travelling in locals and gaining knowledge!
And,I am still ready to teach Chetan Bhagat to dance.

Comments

  1. Though I am not a big fan of Chetan bhagat but ye wirw was orepre nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you are putting in back and white is the truth of our life. While reading your post I could recollect many such incidents which happened in my life which went unnoticed.
    Really good keep going.
    Regards Yogesh Thakar

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

                                                Pani Puri  On a Wednesday evening i went with my husband to have pani puri, i wasn't much in the mood to have it but the husband wanted to and as he says i am the sarthi to him. We drove off in our WagonR and reached about 5 km away from our place near Birhana Road to have pani puri...oh so delicious pani puri, as my husband would call it. Now as I told you already I was in no mood to have it but I accompanied my husband so as I was standing near the thela of the gorgeous looking Pani Puri instantly my eyes went onto the gigantic hoarding of the marvellous Sonam Kapoor hoarding a necklace worth of crores and beneath that was a women standing in shattered clothes holding her frail daughter. There were at least 10 people gathered near the thela and eating the oh-so-lip-smacking puris but no one cared about that poor mom and her child. both looking desperately at the people standing in a circle I was the only one who was standing at the

The Muscles in Disguise.

As a doctor, she had to deal with a varied variety of homo sapiens. Some ill, some terminally ill and rest of them who treated it as a reward of their daily morning walks from their house to the clinic. In the practice of 8 years, Dr. Sonal Jha had seen impeccable people around her and was very much ‘not too shocked ‘ with any kind of adversities her patients exhibit now. Until one day, she sees a man, a big man with a height of 6’2, well built broad structure and biceps nearly equivalent to the doctors meek thighs. He had an old and frail-looking lady in his arms and was very hastily walking towards Jha. Her heart skipped a beat for a second. Na..na..not love, just horror. She was overwhelmed by his speed. The next moment, he entered the clinic said a hie and asked for permission if he should lay her ailing mother to the bed behind the doctor’s chair. To which Jha shyly nodded. She checked on the old woman, was back to her seat and signalled the boys associated for the work t